Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Unconventional Connections

We all have them. That friend you can't imagine your life without, but still find it hard to believe the circumstances with which they came into your life. Sometimes it can even be family that is brought into your life through the most far fetched situations, the only way to believe it is to be one of the people it happened to.

Today I am thankful for these unconventional connections I am blessed with in my life. I was reminded of the absolute random order of the universe when it comes to these connections while picking up pizza for dinner at a local restaurant tonight. As I went to pay for my order, I looked across the room and saw my biological father eating with his wife. We have not seen each other in over 21 years, but I know he recognized me and his face was unmistakable to me! In a span of 5 minutes, I thought of so many unpleasant things this man was responsible for not just in my life, but the lives of other people I care about.

But before I let this thought pattern consume me, I realized he was also responsible for my beautiful sister and all the joy she has given me over the last seven years. If it had not been for his self centered, deceitful behavior~neither she nor I might exist and if my life on this planet was not blessed by her, it would not be horrible, but it would definitely not be whole.

Although I will never understand bigamy, cheating and lying in a relationship~I will find the silver lining of his philandering behavior. He is responsible for seven half siblings of mine, two of whom I am fortunate enough to know personally. He may never know that we have met and formed the unbreakable bond only sisters can share, but ironically he will have my gratitude.

So for today, Wednesday, July 11, 2012, I am thankful for finding joy, love and family in the most unconventional of ways!

Peace & Love,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment