Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Not A Goodbye, But A Very Sincere Thank You

     Today was a day full of mixed emotions, but as always, the universe knows what's going on and I will continue to trust that fact as I move forward on my journey.

     As the minutes ticked by today, my feelings of guilt refused to subside while waiting for the meeting of the Valley Repertory Company to arrive. As current secretary and only nominated member for the upcoming year, I felt horrible about having to decline the nomination, but knew I had to do it. I know that the role of secretary is not the pin that holds the group together,  but I still felt like I was abandoning family. How can you walk away when family needs you? But at the same time, how can you commit to something when you know you will not be able to devote the time required? Either way, you feel like a horrible person. But not tonight!
     Little did I know, people already found solutions as I continued to dwell on the negative. Another awesome member of the Valley Rep family (and extremely talented too) was ready and willing to step into this position before the meeting was called to order. The weight lifted off my shoulders could rival that of Atlas. Sitting next to her, I leaned over and assured her I would pass the baton as neatly and organized as I could-knowing she will be amazing.
     And as I wrote the last notation of the meeting adjournment at 8:35 PM, I realized how much of an impact this community theater group/family has had on my life in the last three years. I walked through the doors in 2009 ready to try something new, that I had always dreamed about and extremely removed from my comfort zone. Little did I know, it would begin the most wonderful journey of self-discovery as well as some of the most beautiful friendships.
     It is because of this group and these people that I have learned to jump in with both feet and conquer my fears and self-doubt when it comes to new challenges. I was still afraid some of the time, but knowing I had people to support me, encourage me and guide me was the greatest feeling. And when I did accomplish something, it spurred me to keep going.
     And that is what I am doing now. I have wanted to pursue this next goal for over twenty years, but always feared I wasn't good enough or capable of succeeding. Looking back on the things I have learned since 2009, I now know I am more than capable of doing anything I put my mind to.
     So for this Wednesday, the 18th of July 2012, I am grateful for the family and friends I have gained since walking through the doors of The Valley Repertory Company in August 2009. I have been more than blessed to have all of your support and encouragement along this journey.

Peace & Love,

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment