Monday, June 27, 2011

Right place, right time


Have you ever been looking for something that you couldn't find only to have it suddenly appear? Perhaps you were drawn to where the item was by an outside force? I have often been the recipient of such happenstance and today was no exception.

I have been thoroughly enjoying the book Excuses Begone! and was very excited that my "brother-in-law" wanted to read it when I was done. But as I read more of the book, I realized it was going to be hard to part with it, so I wanted to get him his own copy. I was hoping there were more in the clearance section because I did not want to pay full price for his if I didn't for mine.

Upon arriving at Barnes & Nobel on a rare, shared Monday off with my husband, I immediately went to the bargain books area where I had found my copy and sadly there were none. I then went to the full price section and found a paperback copy of the book for full price. It was more than double what I paid for my hardcover book. I struggled with the thought of giving mine away or paying full price and decided to possibly check online for a deal. It made me sad because I can't wait to have a discussion about the book with him, but I needed to be cost conscious too.

As we were leaving the store, my husband was drawn to a counter full of hardcover books and said "hey, look what I found". I couldn't believe it, there was the book clearance priced right in the entrance of the store. Danny said he was looking at another book that caught his eye, but knows he was guided there to find what I needed.

I am never short of amazed when wonderful things like that happen and I welcome them as miracles every time they do. Too often, people are very busy and wrapped up in their hectic lives to give thanks for simple things like this. I, however, am always grateful when a little unexpected kindness or guidance comes my way.

Peace & Love,
Mandy

PS-Check out that book~it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment